Wednesday 19 September 2012

The "Hello world" post

It is an extreme struggle for me to write some welcoming introduction, so let's just go straight to the point, shall we?

Born and raised in Poland, I have come to live in the city of Brussels in 2009 and I absolutely fell in love with the place and its spirit.

In 2011 planets collided and I met the man.
Chris is a real Brusseler. He was born and raised here, he speaks French, Flemish and Brusseleer, he knows the public transport by heart,  he can tell you where to have a great meal and where to party, who's the golden statue at the Grand Place of, and how was pl. Flagey before it was trendy. He lived in 11 different places in 5 different communes (and worked or partied in all the others). And damn he's proud of it :)

Since we met he's been showing me sides of Brussels I have not seen before. And just when we thought we used up all our luck, our daughter was born!

Despite slowing down drastically on the nightlife, I really wanted to continue experiencing the city. One on-line project (I'll get to it) finally inspired me to set up a blog and share our findings.

So here it is!

We will be posting about our little trips around the city (and outside of it), our favorite restaurants and places to see. Some of them you'll probably find in any city guide, some of them I hope will be more obscure, or just known to locals.

If anyone except our family and friends happens to visit us - I really hope you'll find something interesting and new for yourself in here.

Let the blogging begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment